22 years in 60 seconds!

22 years in 60 seconds!

(This is a eulogy to my dear Dr. Theresa Bhatty aunt)

“Dust we are: into dust shall we”, I am reminded of these wisdom pearls as I sit beside my dear aunt who looks beautiful, white as snow. This motionless, quiet figure looked divine, as if almighty had descended on Mother Earth. No longer will these eyes open nor will her lips move. With a heavy heart, as I internally bid goodbye to her, my second innings –post marriage life flashes in front me in a phenomenal fast forward supersonic speed.  

After marriage, I changed base from a metro city to a small city. Life seemed to have taken a back step by around twenty years- this was the down side. On the brighter side, I came across many amazing, compassionate, genuine souls who helped me move forward in my journey in a happy, comfortable way. One such noble soul is our very close family friend, who left for her higher journey a week ago. She adorned many roles in my life. Initially, she was an aunt, then my gynecologist, my professional colleague, later my friend and my second mother. She had a knack to communicate. She made every person very comfortable and relaxed. She knew how to talk to people of different gender and age groups. She was an avid reader and kept herself abreast with all the latest advancements in her field. She was always in gratitude mode and never ever complained.

Although we had age difference of thirty five years or so, we got along like buddies. One could discuss anything with her without the fear of being judged. She had a great digestion system and seemed to digest all the talks very well. I learnt a lot about life, marriage, profession, people, religion etc. Discussion in medical field always benefits the patient. She would take great pains in order to give the best to her patients. She was one of my youngest regular blog readers. She never texted rather always called up to express her views on my posts. Her values were very similar to my Momsie. Many a times, when I felt my soul battery showed low charging, I used to join her for breakfast. This brief interaction charged me instantaneously. Such is an aura of a divine soul.

Words can never be enough to express how I feel. The void is getting bigger. People I love are crossing over to another dimension in the parallel world. I remind myself that I cannot see them but they can always see me. Best is to live by their values. They are here only, very much amongst us, but in parallel dimension. Such souls become our guardian angels and always guide us.

This Valentine day, please express your love. Love is the most powerful emotion and force which require full expression.

Keep loving, keep caring, keep reading, keep sharing.

Love,

Juju.

Comments

Daisy said…
An ode to your Theresa aunty. I'm sure she is smiling up there & loving your write up.
Sanjana Agarwal said…
Beautiful expressions….. today I too am missing mom for no good reason 😄
Neeta Goyal said…
Having loving and understanding people around us is an expression of God's love for us. Love you didi 😍😍.
Anupriya Sharma said…
Beautiful lines for a beautiful soul
RASHMEET said…
Hope your good memories of her never fade..a soulful write up even I felt your warmth in relation with her..
Komal Singla said…
Lovely write.. straight from the heart.. great to know a pure soul through ur words!

Popular posts from this blog

Mam ji! Are we dirty ?

An Open Letter #Part 2

What men want?