Social media puppet!

Social media puppet!

P.S. The title is to catch attention. Read up to find out more.

 

I was scrolling through my mobile and the above heading caught my attention. Three signs, you are in a toxic relationship! I decided to open the link to read about it. The short reel/ video mentions 3 warning signals to identify whether one is in a toxic relationship. After watching this, I was engulfed with a peculiar feeling as my score was 3/3. This set me in a thinking mode and stat my cap was on my head beaming with pride.

Numerous thoughts started churning inside my brain. How can 3 signs define whether you are in a toxic relationship? There were many such reels/ videos like 3 signs your spouse is cheating on you, 3 signs your spouse loves you and so on. I felt all these were bombarding negativity. This is like quick sand. One (wrong) click on a particular eye catchy title link leads to similar posts and within a span of few seconds the Pandora's box opens up.

Sharing the 3 signs mentioned were - First, your spouse always sounds busy whenever you call. Second, your spouse is spending less time than before and thirdly, when it comes to you, your spouse always has a financial crunch whereas they spend on themselves. I feel many of us will score 3/3. In forties, everyone deals with similar challenges besides making a livelihood. On one hand, there are parents, on other hand there are growing up children, who need constant attention and care. Anyone can experience these signs. One needs to be strong minded while reading such topics. I also feel, such type of write ups appeal more only when one is going through a lean phase in a relationship. Remember, in this game of life,  one needs to stay afloat in relationships.

In a matter of few minutes I felt being pulled into a negativity well with mighty force as my heart and soul started validating all these three signs. Suddenly, I felt an abrupt halt and yet again I felt being pulled by an unseen force, but this time in reverse, upward direction. The sky was clear and so were my thoughts and mind. I learnt yet another important lesson in a matter of few minutes. To be very cautious and careful of what one reads and to keep one’s brain in control of one’s heart/mind.

I remember my all-time favorite lines from Bhagwad Geeta, 

“Your heart is like a horse and it’s reins must be in hands of the charioteer /brain.” Whenever, there is role reversal, calamity is inevitable. Here I endorse Mahatma Gandhi’s three monkeys, “Bura matt dekho, bura matt suno, bura matt bolo.”

I hope and pray, all of us keep the reins of our heart firm and tight with our three monkeys well behaved.

Watch out for what you read, see and hear.

Keep reading, keep sharing.

Juju

Comments

Vaneet said…
It is so wonderful and true, exactly what each one of us go through.Thanku for sharing it

Rajesh Vaish said…
Faith and understanding develops a stronger & healthy relationship. Nicely written 👌
sangeeta said…
Absolutely true mam
Komal Singla said…
So rightly said.. need to be cautious while using social media..
Daisy said…
Wonderful writeup & great message too.

Popular posts from this blog

Mam ji! Are we dirty ?

An Open Letter #Part 2

What men want?