Change conjunction # transform life!

 Change conjunction # transform life!

(It’s all about use of conjunctions – but, in our daily conversation)


A routine wellbeing call, stirred a storm in my Mind’s Café when my friend said, “I want to go for morning walk but…., I want to join dance class but…., I want to go for a trek but ……”

This went on for few minutes when I suddenly felt the urge to stop her. Every sentence she spoke had two parts. First part was about the activity she wanted to do and second part was all about the justification rather excuse of how/why she was unable to do the first part. I could follow her conversation very well. 

I have observed, this word “but” holds a very important place in our vocabulary. This conjunction is used to join two ideas that are opposite. Introspection led to dawning -whenever and where ever we want to justify ourselves, we use the word but. I find this word negative as it generates a palpable pause when used and the user adopts a defensive line of action. There is associated unspoken lack of responsibility and motivation. I explained in brief and requested my friend to use the word “and” instead of “but”. Luckily, she understood my philosophy. We resumed with our conversation. Sharing a part of how it went.  

I want to go for morning walk and I have to drop my child to school at the same time. I want to join evening dance class and I have to attend my evening office duty. I want to go for trek this winter and my child has board exams. She sent a kiss through the mobile and said, “Thanks dear, now I feel I can do both the things. Earlier, I used to feel helpless and demotivated. Now I feel positive and in control of my life.”

“Always there for you, happy for you. Thanks! I too got an idea for my blog,” I smiled as I disconnected the call. I have adopted this since long. Hope you adopt this consciously too. Word is indeed world. Wishing my Reader’s a happy, motivated and empowered life.

(P.S. I have to start my next project and I have to resume my yoga. 

Both require mind, body and soul alignment. Feeling unstoppable already.)

Love,

Juju.

Comments

Anonymous said…
👌👌
Daisy said…
Well said. Agree that "but" has negative connotations
Rajesh Vaish said…
Nicely written, text proves how effectively we can use words.
SACHIN said…
And i started reading your blogs😀👍

Popular posts from this blog

Mam ji! Are we dirty ?

An Open Letter #Part 2

What men want?