Gone too soon A.J. # Koi naa! Koi naa!

Gone too soon A.J. # Koi naa! Koi naa!

Disclaimer: This write-up is inked with author’s soul as it is an ode to her precious pearl# uncle #mamaji who left his mortal coil. A sensitive write up. 

All battles end sooner or later. Almost all battles cause harm to both parties. In this particular battle of Alchemist, the opponent was God himself. Not even for a single moment our faith deterred and we kept on going and going. It was fight unto death.

Remembering my first friend in my household after marriage, A.J. was at the driving seat as he took me along with his nephew (my husband) home after my marriage. He was a man with impeccable mannerisms and a knack to communicate with people of all age groups. He was very fond of children and had a unique way with them. He was my most trusted, secure connection with the entire household. His pet tag line was,” Koi naa! Koi naa!” and these two words worked like magic. He taught us how to build and maintain relation. Because of him, the entire household of more than sixty members remained united. He was the first one to extend a helping hand or a shoulder to cry or an embrace to comfort. He taught us so many things and provided a shelter just like my Momsie Popsie. He referred to his home as my chhota maika. He loved unconditionally and remembered even minutest details about our preferences.

As I touched his cold forehead and bid my goodbye, the entire two decades went by in a flash of moment. And all I could see was his warm smile and love in his eyes. This write up can never do justice as words are not enough. Feeling happy to see his values and morals in his children. I am overwhelmed to see our family united through thick and thin. As I took my leave, I started seeing him in his children, his nephews and a feeling of calmness enveloped me. He lives in us and will always remain so. I feel he has crossed into a different realm, another dimension where he can see us and we can’t. As my Popsie says, “ In the court of God, there is no appeal, one must accept his decision with folded hands.”

If you love and care for someone, please do express with whole heart. One never knows when that moment comes!       

Love,

Juju

Comments

Prafull Arya said…
Praying for peace to the departed soul
Komal Singla said…
May the pious soul rest in peace 🙏
Neeta Goyal said…
May the love and warmth he left behind be multiplied and shared around by you all !!

Popular posts from this blog

Mam ji! Are we dirty ?

An Open Letter #Part 2

What men want?