Humble appeal - Are you present?

Are you present?

An impromptu write-up after a casual conversation with a learned parent.

I realized casual talks generates intense neuronal exercise.

“So, how do you spend time with your wife and children?”, I asked casually.

“Time! where is the time? I am so busy in my work, thereafter meeting my friends and that’s it. Before I come to know, the day gets over. By the time I reach home, I am too tired. I take dinner and relax in my room,” was a prompt reply.  

“Relax! sounds great. You must be talking to your wife and sitting with your children to discuss about their day at school, their studies etc,” I continued.

The reply was ready even before I could complete. I could sense a tone of urgency and irritation. “I just said, I relax in my room. Talking to my wife or spending time with children is equivalent to adding more stress. I switch on my television and watch trending series on Netflix. Then I go to sleep.”

“Oh! It’s nice to hear this. Sounds perfect. But, don’t your wife and children complain?” I tried to navigate the conversation.

“I am working hard for them. It’s for their future. You won’t understand the pressure to build up assets for children’s future,” was a reply after a sigh.  

I concluding by my last statement hoping the message will be conveyed loud and clear, “Future? What about present? Are you present in their present? To be present in future, one has to be present in their children’s present.”

There was dead silence.

Hope each one understands this message / appeal.

Love,

Juju.

  

Comments

Daisy said…
Ekdum sahi
Your comment was like Hitting the nail on the head
Sanjana Agarwal said…
Present in their present 👏👏👏👏👏❤️❤️❤️
Anonymous said…
Hope more people understand and follow your humble appeal

Popular posts from this blog

Mam ji! Are we dirty ?

An Open Letter #Part 2

What men want?