Flip over: Upside/ down

Flip over: Upside/ down

This writeup is dedicated to my buddy who relocated base three and a half years ago. A casual friendly conversation regarding, passion vs duty vs hobby lead to our sudden enlightenment (mutual! thank god). As we walk in this journey of life, we come across different people with an entirely different take on life, however, there are a few bunches who follow a path closely similar to ours- our soulmates our buddies.

Travelling is my passion. The goal is to gradually tick places off from my bucket list. So, traveling comprises a routine topic of discussion. How soon one should take a break, is a million-dollar question. Initially, planning is dependent on oneself, post-marriage, according to children,s holidays schedule and finally, again as per one wish.

My Momsie -Popsie always taught the importance of parents being in their children's childhood memories than leaving a huge bank balance for them. As in this unending pursuit of generating the bank balance, one largely compromises on the time. Think over my generation people, the importance of devoting time to self and children, for tomorrow is never promised and is not a post-dated cheque to be encashed. Life does not work on the principles of the bank. Life is happening now: it,s a current account.

Coming back to my conversation with my buddy. We were discussing how work becomes boring after a certain period of time, one needs a break from it. She differed and commented, if work is your passion, you will not get bored ever. To this, my answer was, even though I love my work (passionate), I have a traveler soul.
She said, ‘ Why don,t you think that you are traveling since it,s your passion and in between, you are taking breaks of 3-4 months of work !”
Wow ! I exclaimed what a brilliant wonderful thought. She reflected upon the idea of passion and work in an upside/down perspective.  Gosh ! I love her more for this. Life is definitely 99% how we take it : only 1 % actually happens
She said, “ Chal mil gaya ek aur idea tere blog ka!”
Thanks buddy!

I always say, “ Life mein ek Anjali zaroori hai!” way ahead of KJ and
SRK said in KKHH ( Kuch kuch hota hai in October1998)
Momsie ! I am gradually learning how to live in the moment. Love you from this world to your world: till we meet again, up there
Signing off now with my next write up ready in my thoughts
Take care,
Love,
Juju




Comments

Sanjana said…
Superb!!
Reemanshu Goel Bansal said…
Thanks for encouraging words
Daisy said…
Flipped over myself on this viewpoint. Hahaha. Tightrope balancing required between creating good memories and bank balance.

Popular posts from this blog

Mam ji! Are we dirty ?

What men want?

An Open Letter #Part 2