Secular pixel - I am an Indian


Secular pixel - I am an Indian!!!!!!!!

A thought flashed across my mind. Are we really so embittered towards each other as the media portrays to be or it,s  an unspoken ( ? spoken) truth that media is paid these days.
One needs to decide for oneself.

While driving to my workplace, as I stopped my car at the red light, my receptionist gave me a routine call and I asked her to take time from my hairstylist.
It dawned upon me that while I have been told that I am a Hindu, my receptionist follows Sikhism, my helper who keeps my office clean is of low caste and so is the man who collects garbage, my hairstylist is a Muslim and my friends are Christians, Hindu, Sikh, Muslim, Gujarati, Marathi, Kannada, Malayali, Oriya, Kashmiri, etc and as my list grew, I could see myself as a secular pixel in this universe. When I employed them, I had looked at their credentials and never even asked their religion or caste. They have been with me in this journey for nearly two decades or more.

In those fleeting forty five seconds or so at the traffic red lights, I could visualize the people in the my real life - a glimpse of secular India.

Time to slow down and ponder …. Are we being baits to these media people? Answer is definitely in affirmative. But the real question is for how long??? Please check ……….

Just a thought before my next write up titled “Marital Curry”

Happy Diwali!

Juju!



Comments

Daisy said…
Your thoughts are relatable. Definitely need to ponder and introspect.
Fitness Freak said…
Completely agree with you 👍🏽

Popular posts from this blog

Mam ji! Are we dirty ?

What men want?

An Open Letter #Part 2