Yes, I am changing! An ode to creators of life


Yes, I am changing! An ode to creators of life

My dear children,

When I held you in my arms, my dear pink/blue ladoo,s and we made eye contact. Then, you smiled and wrapped your little fingers around my forefinger. At that very moment ....I changed.

Ambitious young girl was gone: A mother was born.

When you slept peacefully, to ensure you have uninterrupted sleep,
My clinking bangles were gone: A mother was born.

When you garlanded your arms around my neck, and said, Mummy, this necklace hurts me,
Heavy jewellery was gone: Tulsi mala was born.

When you pulled strands from my long black silky hair, played and pulled them umpteen times,
Long black tresses (my treasure!) was gone: girl with short hair was born

When you innocently remarked, mummy, embroidery / stone/ zari work in your dress cause rash,
Heavy dresses were gone: girl in fab india cotton kurti was born.

When you wanted to play with me, run around, do cycling etc,
High heels/platforms were gone: Girl in sneakers was born

When you played with my “ Shilpa bindi “ ( shilpa chaar chaand lagaye, remember the tagline in ad) and put in it your mouth,
Shilpa bindi was gone: kesar tilak was born

When you wanted to eat food- Indian, continental, south indian, Chinese
Free spirited mast girl was gone: Chef with multi-cuisine talent was born.

When you said, “ Mummy, when will you come home from work ? “
Professional, ambitious girl, slowed down(was not gone) : a mother was born .

All these thoughts churned in my mind last evening, as I was cleaning my cupboard and came across numerous hair clips, bangles, bindi,s etc, I stood frozen in time as flashback of 20 years quickly played in front
of my eyes. The girl who started on this journey 20 years ago and the girl (Soul never age, it,s only a physical change) who was looking at me in the mirror,
Are these two girls same?.
No! I have changed, rather changing for better.

Looking back, I felt contented with my two decades journey of pure bliss, happiness with ups and downs (definitely at times).
A wide smile came across my face.
Felt happy with the beautiful change.

My pink ladoo, left for college to pursue her dreams:
a writer was born........

Hurray ! Yippee!


Love,
Juju

Comments

Neetu said…
Such a wonderfully symbiotic relationship is of a mother with her children. Both are the creation and the creator at the same time. I tasted poetry in this piece.
Smita said…
Well written Juju. Change is nature of life. To accept it and enjoy every phase of life is the best way to live life
Sanjana said…
Hatya off to the mom!!
Daisy said…
A befitting ode to all mothers or even better "рдоां"

Popular posts from this blog

Mam ji! Are we dirty ?

What men want?

An Open Letter #Part 2