My little monk - Part 3


My little monk - Part 3

Hello everyone,

Hope all of you are doing great and adjusting well in this new “Corona way of life”. My Popsie,s pet tag line, I am a learner till my last breath. One ceases to grow the moment one stops learning. With this pearl embedded in my heart and soul, I try to learn from each and every person in my surroundings, be it my family or friends or patients or society. Being a parent of two teenagers, I can vouch every moment of our lives is awesome, adventurous and challenging with new thought processes and interpretations emerging from the ends of teenage spectrum - 13 year to 19 year.
Recently, one of my subconscious habit, was surfaced out into my conscious plane. My little monks remarked, “Mom, please refrain from answering on our behalf in front of elders. We know you try to answer in an amicable and diplomatic way to avoid displeasure many a times. We appreciate this but, please, let us answer and handle the situation in our own way.”

After a long time, this remark brought out my thinking cap from the closet and soon, I was in my favorite meditation pose, thinking !!!
Unknowingly, I have intervened innumerable times since they learnt how to walk and talk and am, still holding on to their hands (please read as speech). They are an intelligent, focused generation which is very clear in their mind and soul. I should not try to modify or alter their creative responses by copy/pasting my responses from my past experiences?  This is great injustice to the child. Internally, I seek forgiveness from almighty. I make a pledge with myself that I will let them handle their responses and will focus on my own. In case, they seek help, I will just suggest them. It,s for them to either take it or leave it.

Soon, my elder monk comes to my place of solace and blurts out, I knew mummy, that you must be thinking on a remark which happened earlier, rather in past .
Why do you think so much about a simple remark? Leave it and focus on present and enjoy as your Momsie# my nani always says, “Live in the moment”! 

I come back in the present, firmly secure the knots of my thinking cap and get up to make wonderful cuppa of ginger tea for my family. At times, I fail to understand, do our children know us more than we know them??? 
Lot many thoughts are churning in my mind. Will come back soon after tea break. 
Till then be a learner. Your children are your teachers in this path of parenthood. 
Listen to them and enjoy the journey.

Love,
Juju















Comments

Daisy said…
Yes, they know us more than we think they do. Being with my kids, listening to them, arguing, preaching them sometimes, observing their love for you are the moments I savour. Wonderful read as always.
HS BAKSHI said…
Yes. They can handle it much better than we think. Give them wings. Let them fly.
Vibhuti said…
Wow u r a very good writer
Unknown said…
Another fabulous write up
Unknown said…
Another fabulous write up
Dr sue said…
Surely they are the past rolled into and packaged for the future we can never begin to comprehend , have to be gentle on them . Nice post reemanshu👌
Deepshikha said…
So true. Well written.
Anonymous said…
Well said
Children know us and understand us to the core because they grow up watching us

Popular posts from this blog

Mam ji! Are we dirty ?

What men want?

An Open Letter #Part 2