I was watching you # Letter from a sister# Emotions unplugged

I was watching you # Letter from a sister# Emotions unplugged

{This write up is a gratitude note for my elder siblings whose marriage anniversaries fall in this month.}

Being the youngest in the family, I was always lucky. I had my elder brother and sisters to protect me and look up to. They were a blessing (most of the time). Many things were filtered at sibling level and never reached my parents. I had the privilege, rather advantage of learning new things earlier than them. It never struck that they had a person who adored and admired them 24 x 7 and was a witness too in their happy and difficult times. I learnt immensely by merely watching them (even though they were oblivious of this fact).

When you thought nobody was watching you, I was watching your actions and reactions. From the satisfaction and happiness of topping in class to pain and anguish of missing out by few marks, I learnt that success and failure were a part of life. The way you maintained your first positions in school and college taught me the tools of success were hard work, dedication and discipline. Giving respect to elders and love to younger imbibed in me the importance of love, care and compassion.

All this while, I was watching you: when while in a middle of a meal you would suddenly say ‘I am full” so that I could have that extra chocolate or my favorite cake, I learnt the joy of sharing. When you ignored the snide remarks by passer bys, I learnt the art to ignore people who did not matter. After all, one doesn’t shout back at every barking dog. When you filled all the water bottles and cleaned the tables (so as to help momsie in gearing up her work), I got my lesson of selfless service and unconditional love towards parents and family. When you completed your studies and all assignments on time, I leant that time is precious (not to be wasted).

All this while, I was watching you: when you tied the knot and entered different households, the ways you balanced yourselves, you taught me the importance of adjustments, though you were educated and financially independent. The most importance lesson was of bending and not breaking in marital arena. Balancing, both professional and home front in a meticulous way, I learnt the art of balancing on this tight rope of so called life. Your patient listening (without offering solutions) taught me, that the best gift anyone could give was their time, in other person’s difficult time.

All this while, I was watching you (brother) when you started your business during college days, entrepreneur ship and leadership qualities were instilled in my young mind. The way you treated your each worker with respect and humbleness left a deep impact of importance of every person,s contribution in growth of any organization and the need of appreciation.

The list is long and my blog demands a concluding remark.

With a heart full of gratitude and love, I pray to almighty that I keep on learning from noble pious souls who happen to be my brother and sisters.

Love,

Juju


Comments

Daisy said…
So, we were being watched.๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿค— Even, you being watched. Remember that. Excellent writ up as always. Love you loads.
Prafull Arya said…
As usual natural write up.
Progressing on path of a great writer.
Neetu said…
Blessed you are didi !!
Deepali said…
Straight from heart ..... family values!
Love reading your blog
Deepali
Prerna Goyal said…
Awesome write up dear ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘straight from ur heart ๐Ÿ’–
Reading ur blog takes me on a visual journey... as if everything is just happening...too gud dear๐Ÿ™‚

Popular posts from this blog

Mam ji! Are we dirty ?

What men want?

An Open Letter #Part 2