Indiscipline Vs Discipline

Indiscipline Vs Discipline


A baby is born in this world, free, natural and pure. The entire family tries to inculcate discipline in the little child right from the next moment. Be it feeding schedule, bathing schedule, toilet training etc. Somehow, what the newborn learns depends upon the learning experience of the teachers - parents and family. 

During the initial years, the carefree, natural soul is conditioned as per family's and society values. Everything seems black and white with no transition zones. It,s either right or wrong. Gradually, the child becomes a disciplined and cultured person. The situation changes when the time comes to fly from the nest.

Welcome aboard ! the arena of life - big world. There is exposure to different culture and traditions. Many of us start to feel suffocated in our disciplined moulds. Lucky are those ,who can control/modify the breaking of their cast and embrace life as it is. If this spell is broken, indiscipline is bound to make its way. It is always right there, waiting for a chance. 

Indiscipline has many alibis. Like a slow poison, deterioration starts to happen in all spheres, be it health, financial or  personal. For nearly four decades , I have lived a disciplined life before I was suddenly hit. It changed my perspective towards life and indiscipline creeped in. My mother, my Momsie left for her higher journey in my lap six years ago. 

My thinking changed and I started doing things, like I had never ever done before. The excuse was ," Finally one has go ! No body ever walks to his/her pyre/ grave. So, live life as if there is no tomorrow." The philosophy was correct, but the means to achieve it were not right. 

Gradually, I gained extra kilos, became withdrawn from social circles, became an introvert. This reflected in my overall behaviour, my dressing sense, my eating habits etc. I was jolted out of this phase by my angel in heaven. She came in my dreams and remarked, " What have you done to yourself? Is this your way of expressing that you miss me ? No, you are just finding an excuse to justify your indiscipline!" 

The next morning rays brought clarity and hope in my life. My vision was crystal clear. My life of indiscipline moved back to life of discipline. Now, it shows in my all spheres - personal, professional and social. The journey of discipline is a tedious, rocky terrain with lots of green meadows and breathtaking waterfalls on either side. No matter what, just don't budge from your path and enjoy the journey.

Our nature works in a disciplined way, in complete harmony with all elements of life - land, water, sky, fire and spirit. We, human beings should learn to live in discipline and in harmony with nature. 

After a wobbly half decade of indiscipline , I am back to my disciplined ways . Hope all of you chose your path wisely.

Love , 

Juju! 

Comments

Daljit said…
Beautiful
Daljit said…
Beautiful
Unknown said…
As usual, a reminder to choose between the wise and the unwise, of course in a gentle way. Wisely written. congratulations
Unknown said…
This is ur best.loved it.
sandy said…
Discipline is path to godliness.Well endorsed
Dr kajal said…
Very well written…
Anonymous said…
Life in initial years were the best. Do I feel suffocation now?
Vk said…
This is so beautiful
Anonymous said…
Absolutely amazing , God bless
Neeta Goyal said…
So right! Discipline gives rhythm to life but disturbances are also a natural phenomenon. We just need to know how to bring in the music again !!

Relished the reading and the thoughts 😇
Anonymous said…
What to do if the reason for ur indispline is much more than u hv mentioned. A heartbreaking one , which can b corrected but is not being and u r just suffering helpless
Unknown said…
You were very intimate with your mom.
This, I have always felt.
Am I right Reemanshu?

Popular posts from this blog

Mam ji! Are we dirty ?

What men want?

An Open Letter #Part 2