4:40 am

4:40 am


This word and time is very close to my heart. Those were the days !  I am taking you back to the era, when all of us lived normal lives # Pre Covid Era. My elder monk, who is in medical school used to leave by this 4:40 am PRTC ( Punjab roadways transport corporation) bus on Mondays, which ever weekend she came. This golden time period was purely divine. Waking up at 3:30 am , preparing tea, packing breakfast getting ready etc to reach bus stand by 4:30 am. 

Earlier, I had a misconception about state roadways bus setvice, especially Punjab roadways. I used to find them highly unsafe. Thanks to my elder monk, I am happy to change my biased opinion. Over the years, I found these bus services to be safe, their driver and conductors co-operative and polite. They greet you with a warm assuring smile. When they say ," Mam, don't worry, we will halt the bus, right in front of medical school",  your worries disappear.

For the very first time, when I reached the bus stand, I spoke to driver, to enquire about his health, sleep and hunger status. The driver sensed my concern and replied in a most assuring way, " Mam, seems like you have come to drop your ward for the first time! For us, it's a routine. We sleep well and don't take any intoxicant."  

Gradually, over time I developed faith and trust. This monday morning ritual from twice a month, became once in three weeks and increased gradually. With the onset of pandemic , this moment became a cherished memory. I found so many students and people who were a regular feature. Enthusiastic students waiting to board the bus as they move ahead in their journey of life, people who were off to their jobs and parents like me who always felt a piece of their heart going onboard with this "king of state highway". 

Ever since then, I have learnt to bless all the state transport vehicles especially buses. I send positive vibes and blessings to all the drivers, conductors,  passengers and pray for their safe journey to workplace or home. 

Similarly, when my elder one started riding a two wheeler, my whole perspective changed towards two wheelers on the road. Earlier, I use to find them a nuisance on roads (honestly!). Later, I accepted them as teenage vehicles in this big world of four wheelers - light motor and heavy vehicles . Once acceptance came, I started sending blessings and prayers to all the two wheelers on the road. 

With this pandemic, so many cherished routines have become memories now. Another important one, is seeing one's child in school uniform and school bag. Their energetic smiles once they reach school , their cheerful hand wave as they run towards the school gate, is a priceless moment. All your worries vanish. 

Everyone has some special time and moment close to one,s heart.

I shared mine: what's yours ?


Love, 

Juju 




Comments

Rajesh Vaish said…
Hope,as time passes by all will return to normalcy.
Daisy said…
Your 4.40 am made me go back to my 5.15 am alarm, when kids were in school. Golden moments relived.
Unknown said…
Wah reemanshu nice . You are really a good writer ,very nice way of writing your thoughts. Keep it up.
Anupriya Sharma said…
Good one
Prem Mittal said…
Interesting way of expressing true moments.
Unknown said…
My plans to go and visit Priti….. ritual of going to see children at their respective workplace is a cherished memory nowπŸ˜˜πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
I have been telling you every time that these little things are being experienced by all but penning it is what our JUju does😘😘😘😘
sangeeta said…
very true mam since i am married we often travel by roadways when we go to home town they are really very safe si keep going with greatest ideas
Neeta Goyal said…
So well said didi!Actually you are speaking for all of us. COVID has made us realize how precious these small and often termed "mundane" moments are !!
Unknown said…
What an expression!! True feelings ....this blog revived my old times🀩

Popular posts from this blog

Mam ji! Are we dirty ?

What men want?

An Open Letter #Part 2