Walk in the park# Life's lesson

Walk in the park# life's lesson 

A bright Saturday early morning, overcast Delhi skies, I tie my favourite sneakers and set out for a walk in the park. Never realized, as to how every step that I took, I got a clearer picture of life. It seemed the whole circle of life was moving in this park right front of my eyes.

Most of the faces were unfamiliar. The faces I remember from my childhood days seemed to have crossed over to the other dimension. The park was alive with life. Toddlers in their prams, children playing sports, young people running or walking, elderly chitchatting on benches, few doing exercise in open gym. Green grass patch had small group of yoga class. The centre clearing was stage for hip hop dance class. This sight left me spellbound. Birds were singing in harmony, butterflies added their fluttering notes, their rhythm, squirrels running from one tree to another. I felt overwhelmed. I could visualize myself in different age groups in all these scenes. My trance was broken by “ Hello Juju!”.

I turned around and saw my neighbour with her mother. The recognition brought a lump in my throat. The elderly lady was a strict person who used to poke her nose in all our play activities be it on the road or in the park. She always had some nasty discouraging comment. Once a strong women, was now a frail person with Alziehmer's and required help to walk. Greetings exchanged, I completed my walk. All throughout parallel scenes were played in my mind. The spots where I was three decades ago had new children and faces of many neighbours were missing.   

Mother Earth had just taught me yet another lesson of meaning of circle of life. I am reminded of lines from the famous song - “Main pal do pal ka shayar hoon, pal do pal meri kahani hai …Kal aur aayeinge mujhse behtar gaane wale aur tumse behtar sunne wale….” ( I am a poet for few moments and so is my poetry …..tomorrow new poets will be there and so will be new audience…”).

Enjoy the miracle called “Life”.

Love,

Juju. 




Comments

Sanjana Agarwal said…
Senti ho gaye hum🥰☺️
Unknown said…
V nicely written
Touched my heart ❤
Keep writing ✍
Excellent write up. You have encrypted whole life cycle in few words. The beauty of your writings is the flow of words...
I see your articles the way these have narrated are very mmuch
similarity to those written by Ruskin Bond. Keep it up...
Excellent work...
A Very Happy New Year and Season's Greetings
Anonymous said…
Your perceptions and imaginations are admirable.
Creative mind
Komal Singla said…
A beautiful write up💖..brought a lump to my throat too ..
Keep penning!
Daisy said…
I have no words to praise this write up. It is too good.
Rajesh Vaish said…
Nicely written 👌.

Popular posts from this blog

Mam ji! Are we dirty ?

An Open Letter #Part 2

What men want?