Sponge Vs Doormat

Sponge Vs Doormat 

“Enough! I have had enough! Everyone throws their garbage on me and treat me like a doormat. I am always at the receiving end. Why, it’s always me?” My childhood friend nearly screamed as she barged into my office walking in a fast stride, hands clenched in fists and hitting against one another. She swayed up and down the room with infinite wrinkles on her forehead and lips seldom getting a chance for approximation. I sat calmly in my office chair and observed her.  Words were coming out at a tsunami speed which made her speech incoherent.  I knew I had lost her somewhere in the beginning itself. I pointed my finger towards the chair and tilted my head, urging her  to sit down and focus on her breathing. 

Offering her a glass of water, I just closed my eyes and nodded. This seemed to have a soothing effect on her. Deep in her heart, she knew I had understood what she was trying to convey, she felt relieved. We sat in silence for some time. She seemed to calm down and rested her head against the head rest of the chair and said, “Let’s have tea and salted cracker biscuits.” Tea ordered, soon we were sipping tea. Silence prevailed except for few crunchy noise of biscuits. Seeing her relaxed forehead, I took the lead and said,” Since when did human beings started becoming doormats?” 

My friend’s lips curved into smile as she remarked, “You find this amusing! Isn’t it ?” “Obviously no,” came my prompt reply. I continued, “Do you remember my favorite quote -Word is our world? Let’s do some practical work. Think, you are sponge. You absorb all their negativity (their means your family), then you squeeze yourself to let go of everything and come back to your original form- all clean, fresh and soft. Important is timely squeeze to release all negativity and energy draining thoughts. You are blessed with immense power to absorb and remove your family’s anger, dissatisfaction and tantrums. You are helping in their cleansing too.” 

Suddenly, there was a loud laugh. She put her teacup down and got up. “Thanks buddy, for giving a whole new outlook. Tea with you is always magical.” She smiled and left. While sipping my tea, I pondered, word is indeed world. A simple replacement of word Sponge with doormat had an amazing effect and helped my friend sprint back. 

Let’s refresh our vocabulary with powerful positive affirmative words. 
Love, 
Juju.

Comments

So profound.. we all go through this phase.. indeed this new word needs to be fed to our soul 💖💖 thanks buddy as always for t new light
Rajesh Vaish said…
Wonderful transformation of a person from doormat to sponge and giving a new meaning to life. No doubt, "Word is world".
Komal Singla said…
Really admire your positive outlook for everything!!

Popular posts from this blog

Mam ji! Are we dirty ?

An Open Letter #Part 2

What men want?