My house! Dream or Reality!

Cheers! Welcome to the season of festivals.

Sharing a recent incidence which brought out my thinking cap from the closet. I was invited for an Expert talk at a reputed college. I had to address around 150 girls all pursuing their Bachelors in Science.

My topic was Unlocking Potential: Fostering Women’s Empowerment and well-being for a Balance Tomorrow. It was a great interactive session with enthusiastic participation from the girls.

While walking back to the Dean’s office, Dean asked, “Where do you live mam?” I answered promptly, “With my in laws in their house.”

He smiled and reverted, “So, your in-laws stay with you?”

I clarified, “No Sir! I stay in my in-law’s house.”

He smiled and said, “It’s one and the same madam. Your in-laws are staying with you or you are staying with them.”

I smiled and repeated my earlier statement , “Sir, its’s not the same. This is one of the main reasons for disharmony in many households. Give it a thought. I am very clear in what I think and what I say.”

Suddenly, his face lit up and he replied, “Never thought of this way. We will like to have you more often in our university.”

I nodded in affirmation. While riding back home, a thought came as to where was my place? Did I actually belong here? It’s either in-laws house or  husband’s house? I couldn’t see myself in this whole picture of two decades of my life, my entire youth. The only place I could call mine was my parental place where I was born and brought up. With changing times, this feeling too seemed to be fading away.

I snapped my fingers, pinched myself, to give a reality check. We all are temporary on this planet Earth. We do not belong here for eternity. So, why to get into this vicious cycle of my house, my place, my … etc etc. I looked up to the vast sky, could feel my Momsie’s blessings. Peace prevailed.

Leaving with a food for thought –

“In this temporary life, why does one’s heart yearn for a permanent place to stay?”

Love,

Juju

Comments

Renu said…
So true, but people understood this one eternal truth, there would be no borders, and no wars.
Daisy said…
Sense of belonging gives a feeling of security, which is so essential.

Popular posts from this blog

Mam ji! Are we dirty ?

An Open Letter #Part 2

What men want?