Memories cherished #memories created

Dear Diary,

This write up is a casual one about memories. All of us have cherished memories of our childhood, school days, friends, family and neighbourhood. I feel many of us are trapped within the first fifteen / sixteen years of our life (formative years) and tend to see our whole life through this lens. Some may have a different viewing lens.

To a child,s eye, this world appears to be magnanimous with an attached magical aura . As we walk in this journey of life, our visions grow and memories become small and some even fade away.

Recreating same old memories ! always intrigued me. I experimented on few of my favourite cherished memories which are embedded deep in my heart. The outcome was disheartening.

As a child, my school used to appear like a huge fort in the heart of city. What once looked like a huge building complex with big ground, now looked like a small green grey patch in the middle of a concrete jungle ( Thanks to development in name of road elevations, flyovers etc).

My post graduate institution (my pacemaker), where once I worked and moved around like a queen, acknowledged by all the professores and colleagues including employee of every class. Now, I felt like a stranger. Almost everything ( buildings, departments) had got a facelift, old staff had retired (obviously), etc

Reconnecting with old friends also evoked mixed response. With few, we gelled immediately almost like yesteryears while with many others, there was no connection .

Tourist places ( where we visited in my childhood) also had a different aura and flavour when visited again with my own family.

This taught me an important lesson of life. Just as flowing water never passes through the same path, similarly, life should be an onward progressive journey. There is ONLY ONE TAKE in this GAME OF LIFE. That is the best take.

Life is all about creating new memories ! Make sure you create awesome ones.

Memories cherished # new memories created.

My little monk-Part 2 is next on bucket list.

Till we meet again.

Love
Juju







Comments

Daisy said…
I connect very well with what you have written. We have cherished childhood memories which we wish to revisit. Needless to say the revisit may not be upto our expectations. Still that doesn't mean that we should not attempt but go with an open mind. Don't lose heart if that magic is not there.
DrShital said…
Just wow! 😍👌👏

- Shital
Anonymous said…
Always wait for your these write ups

Popular posts from this blog

Mam ji! Are we dirty ?

What men want?

An Open Letter #Part 2