My little monk- Part 1

Dear Diary,

Its been a while since I shared few of the practical lessons which our children teach us. We are so much immersed in our own world that we tend to forget , that all this while our children are teaching us : contrary to our belief!
Amazing! yet few of us might disagree. I am sharing few real life incidences, which opened my eyes and made me see this life in an entire different new light. I bet you will change your looking glasses too, once you become aware of the unaware.
Scenario 1 :
A routine sunday morning. I am getting ready to attend a seminar on "Know your child " -KYC.
Little Monk : " Mummy where are you going ?"
Me : "Dear, I told you last night that I will attend a seminar on KYC."
Little Monk ( scratching his head ):" If you want to know your child, then you should talk to your child and not attend some seminar on KYC."
Me : ( I feel suddenly shaken) " Oh God !, please forgive me , my child has just taught me a very important lesson ."
However, I go ahead with my plan to attend the seminar on KYC ( as I had committed).
Deep inside, now I have a greater depth of understanding of KYC.
I am reminded of my FPG golden words " Always listen to your child - both spoken and unspoken words."

Scenario 2
Mid term exam time, evening time. Little monk is watching TV.
Parents come and react spontaneously , " You have to take an exam tomorrow and you are watching TV. Switch it off immediately and go to your room to study."
Period !Intense silence !.
TV is switched off and little monk walks towards his room.
Later he speaks up, " Mom dad, I have revised my syllabus twice and was watching my favourite show in my break time. Is there anything wrong in this ? Please appreciate my time management skills."

Parents rationalize ," How can you watch TV during such time ?"
Little monk : " Adults confuse me . On one hand you teach me to be happy and peaceful and not to take stress , on the other hand you are unnecessarily building up stress rather creating it ."

I put on my thinking cap : " He is right , we should appreciate his time management skills and encourage him ."
Silently, I make a promise with myself. I feel my FPG nodding and smiling.

I learnt important lessons .
To be continued...……...

Love,
Juju



 


Comments

Daisy said…
You are lucky to have your lil monk. Well written. Life's lessons from children are the most precious. We only have to pause & listen to them.
Juju's Pearls said…
Thanks for your valuable remarks
👍👍 Child is the father of man .Keep learning, Keep writing

Popular posts from this blog

Mam ji! Are we dirty ?

What men want?

An Open Letter #Part 2