"Husband for a Day!"

Dear Diary,

" This incident is purely fictional, it should be taken in same spirits. Any resemblance to anyone,s life is purely co- incidental. This write up is not intended to hurt anyone,s feeling ."

Sharing a funny incident which can happen in anyone,s life.

Close to celebrating two decades of togetherness, a thought strikes: what gift should we gift each other! ( Caution ! Danger 440 V ! mention or even thought of gift on birthday,s and anniversaries is strictly forbidden.

Suddenly, I have a bright idea and share with my husband.

Me: "Hey, I have an amazing idea , I will be husband for a day and you will be wife for day. Let,s exchange our shoes on our anniversary day ."

Hubby: ( eyes glued to TV)" What do you mean ?"

Me : " Simple, I will be the husband for a day and vice versa."

Daughter & son ( who are silent spectator , suddenly blurt out together, " Wow ! mummy what an idea , you will spend your day watching TV, Netflix series, Amazon prime videos etc and ordering Papa ( oh ! I mean mummy for a day).

Hubby : " Listen ! kids, you will be under me as I will be in charge."

Son :  Oh no  ! I am trapped. Didi, lets go and study ."

So, the deal is done and locked.
Finally the D day arrives . The morning scene.

Me : " Good  morning , happy anniversary dear ! time to prepare tea and send
kids to school."

Hubby : " Don't disturb me !  suddenly remembers the deal ) Ohk! going ."

Hubby brings tea with almonds and biscuits .

Me ( sitting on couch, TV remote in one hand, newspaper in one hand, mobile by my side : Feeling like an Emperor ): " Nice tea , make another cup."

Husband tries to rationalize;" Abhi bahut hua !"

I remind him of the deal. He adorns his role as a mother and proceed towards kitchen to prepare school tiffin and drop kids to school.

Slowly, we become comfortable in our roles and day rolls by smoothly.

Time for evening tea and snacks.

I am waiting for this very moment since a long time.

Me ( clearing my throat): " Its been a beautiful day. I want to express my gratitude and make the following announcements.
Number 1: From now on , your mother will not cook food, I have realized she is really worked up. So, I have arranged for a 24 hours helper who will help your mother in kitchen and in other spheres.
( Me screaming my guts out , Wow Juju! you nailed it. But on outside I am calm and composed).

Number 2: During meal times, there will be no room service . Everyone will come to dining area without their mobiles and TV remotes.
( Me screaming Hurray! another victory).

Number 3 : From now on, we will go for family picnic or movie every sunday. ( Kids are jumping up from their chairs)

Number 4: After dinner, we will go for a walk and read books for an hour or so. No TV/ Mobile.

Number 5: ( very important): We will go for regular family vacations and that excludes your visit to maternal house.

Number 6 ( best for the last) ; I have realized that your mother works a lot and kids also have worked sincerely so..…( a long pause full of suspense ) We will be going for a "World tour" this summer and that includes Bahamas cruise as well."

Howz That !

Hubby is in a state of confusion and shock.
Kids are jumping with excitement and screaming " Good going mummy, oops! papa for a day ."

I conclude with a singing off remark for the day. " Whatever has been said today will be implemented in full spirits.
Feeling elated, I hit the bed (avoiding my husband,s intimidating shocking expression).

Tik.tik..tik..tik…...alarm goes off !
My husband gently nudges me , ' Honey, happy morning its 5 am time to wake up the kids , today is their last exam."

I jump out of bed in total disbelief , thinking , " Was it a dream or a reality!".
I search for my slippers and slip into my husband"s shoes instead.
What is happening ! my head is spinning !
I check my cell phone and am immediately pulled into present.
Oh my God ! Its really mid term exam and I am a mother . Scratching my head, mechanically , I go towards my kitchen with a thought in my head ," Pappu, saab ke liye chai aur bachhon ke liye tiffin tayaar karo." Ji memsaab ! ( I reply sub consciously).

 I am back in real time zone .

A song echoes in my mind," Subah ka sapna : kabhi nahin hota apna !"

Even if it was a dream , I thoroughly enjoyed and who knows it might come true one day.
For dreams turn into reality.

Love ,
Juju.




Comments

Unknown said…
A dream come trueπŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†
Daisy said…
Too good. Hilarious & true at the same time. You have a good comic timing.
Unknown said…
Wow...great thoughtπŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ‘Œ
Superb narration. Your write ups r more like screen plays where the whole episode seems like being enacted in front of u. Tough to do that.Great going. Keep writing.....
Neha said…
Gudone... i thought it happened in real..πŸ˜‚
Unknown said…
Too good πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ
Smita said…
Hilarious but witty
I think my mum surely must has seen similar dreamπŸ˜€πŸ˜€
Well articulated Juju

Popular posts from this blog

Mam ji! Are we dirty ?

An Open Letter #Part 2

What men want?