Return ticket - FPG Diary

Dear Diary,
Good morning 🌞 🌞

Mornings are blissful especially if one affords at least half an hour of "Me" time. Be it doing exercise, yoga, meditation or sipping hot cup of tea/coffee. One becomes conscious of the power of subconscious mind.

Today, I am sharing one of my favorite tea time talks with my Momsie Popsie.

Me: "Mummy, why do you always say Delhi aate jaate raha karo ? whenever I call you to inform you about my trip : your first question is : when are you going back ?"

Mom: " Raju! Once a daughter is married : this is the biggest blessing as parents that our daughter visits us regularly."

Me: " I feel hurt at times and think you don't like me visiting you. Even dad keeps asking which sweets do you want to take back ! Abhi to unpack bhi nahin kiya !"

Mom: " Raju!  You will understand the essence much later in your life the real meaning of aate jaate
raha karo

Me: please explain

Popsie ,who is reading newspaper and silently listening to mother daughter conversation intervenes,
Iska Matlab kadwe shabdo mein batao ?

Yes, dad please

Remember my child, you are always welcomed and will be treated with respect and love in your maternal household : Pause : suspense ,...............

Me silently screaming , Dad please complete .....

Popsie : puts his tea cup down and continues - if you have your return ticket with you this love and affection will be multiplied by thousands.
It's basic human nature : that v are on our gaurd if v feel a threat from someone : your return ticket allays the threat angle.
Hope you understand!.

Momsie,smiles  and gets up with the tea tray, to prepare another cup of kadak chai .

My tea has turned cold.

It dawns upon me : there is truth in each and every word. I remember my professor,s word from Tata memorial hospital , Mumbai- his golden advise " madam, agar aap kuch seekhna chahate ho to kabhi mat kehna Mumbai settle hona hai ; then they will teach you well as you will no longer be a threat to their practice.

There and then I decided from now on : I will keep visiting Delhi regularly however, I always book my return ticket prior to booking onward journey.

I can feel my Mom smiling from heaven and saying ,"Raju, aate jaate raha karo: ab main nahin Hoon , daddy Hain, bhaiyya &  bhabhi Hain ".

Love you Maa for this simple lesson over cup of tea.

Take care,
Love,
Juju 

Comments

Daisy said…
Dil se dil tak.Like your writing style.
Dr.Shweta Mittal said…
So proud of u buddy... beautifullylly expressed ... keep writing nd enlighten other souls
Deepshikha said…
Very relatable content. Great job Reemanshu 👌
Unknown said…
Hidden talent..!! Bahut achey..!!
Dr Krishna said…
Hidden talent..!! Bahut achey..!!
Neetu said…
Relished your narration Didi!
Unknown said…
Well said doctor beta. Meaning is deep and writting style amazing.
Anonymous said…
Beautifully written Reemanshu
Alpana Arora Badyal said…
Deep, so simply expressed! Beautiful
Unknown said…
U write so beautifully 👌👌👌👍👍👍👍

Popular posts from this blog

Mam ji! Are we dirty ?

An Open Letter #Part 2

What men want?