Insight from my FPG Diary

Dear Diary,

Good afternoon!

While driving my son to school, My car was behind  PCR  ( police control room) Ertiga car with dial 100 in bold. My son remarked: this is a wrong number it should be 911.
I was taken aback: No son: in India it is 100
He replied : I am talking about US not India
Me: we r living in India: v should know 100: 101: 102 .....

My son : my exposure is not limited to India: infact the  books I read, computer/ mobile games I play: all are US based.

Alarm in my head : tring tring!!!
Pause: breathe: think.
As I mother : i encourage my kids to read novels/ books:most r foreign authors which depict foreign life& culture. Have made them read abridged autobiographies of mahatma gandhi, RN tagore, Nehru.
Yet impact is something I cannot gauge.
This generation is smart.
Gandhi / Nehru.....acquired degrees in foreign land :had foreign land influence  and then came back !

V reach school. He waves with big smile obvilious to the hurricane in his mothers mind by uttering 911.

I adorn my thinking cap : is my parenting in right direction ?
My son talks more about pancakes, waffles, macarons, falafel: pita bread: bell peppers:........... question questions????????

Then I remember a pearl from my Momsie Popsie FPG Diary: " Raju, overthinking kills!

 itna nahin sochhte: zayada socchna is not good for health esp when v can't control things.

I visualize my FPG  saying:" it was a casual remark of 911! Pata nahin tune  kya Kya soch liya 10 minutes mein:  just take it as a comment : don't weave a story around and get yrself entangled in thought process in wrong direction".

Immediately: I am back in present moment : what he is saying is true.
How many: how many times: v weave a story around a simple remark and then get stressed out.
Need to take comment as a comment! That,s it.
Full stop.

Keep my thinking hat and ready to take the day in 200% spirit& energy.

Love,
Juju 

Comments

DrShital said…
Just a wow 😍😍😍⚘⚘⚘🤝✍🏼✍🏼

Popular posts from this blog

Mam ji! Are we dirty ?

An Open Letter #Part 2

What men want?