Circle Of Life

Dear Diary,
Sharing my all time favourite anecdote.

As I help my daughter pack her bags for her new phase in life : beginning of college life , I am engulfed by a mixture of emotions of love, sadness, joy, loneliness, despair. It feels as if someone is ripping my heart so see my own part going away from me physically.

For a moment, I close my eyes and travel back in time machine some 28 years ago.I open my eyes and the scenario is set in my Delhi home.

It seems like a rush hour : bags on bed : momsie moving around , all worked up . There I see myself sitting on the bed : excited as well as nervous.
Momise : " Raju! pack this panjeeri and besan sweets as emergency food in hostel."
Me: " Maa, the bag is already full!."
Momise:" An extra kilo or two won,t make much of a difference."
Me: " Daddyji, mummy ko samjhao."
Dad : " Don,t argue with your mom."
Me ( sighs!) : Ok 
Packing done ! Hurray !!!

Now is the last tea time talk with my momsie popsie before I board train to future.  My parents sit beside me .
Me ( thinking ) : Now is time for advise , suggestions ,...……...

Popsie : " Beta, you are entering this big world of adults. From now on you are on your own. Now, you will live in the main arena- real life.".

Momsie ( interjects): "Raju ! you need to be strong, self disciplined, focussed. We are always there to support you ."

Popsie takes over, " There are few important tips which your grandfather had given me , I am passing it on to you. Think of these college years as a Launch pad for your future life. There are bound to be distractions: be it peers or from opposite sex or otherwise. It,s absolutely fine to be attracted to a boy ( God forbids girl is not acceptable ). 
We all start laughing . The atmosphere lightens up.
Remember your limits and always keep us in the loop. We are friends from now on. "

Mom shifts her gaze towards me ,"Raju!, this is like a train journey. You will meet many people, befriend many, travel with them for some distance. Always remember, every individual has his/her own destination stop. Don't miss yours. Alight from the train at the right time at the right stop."

Everybody keeps down their tea cups . I gather the cups and head towards the kitchen with my Momsie Popsie,s pearls of wisdom.

FAST FORWARD...…………..28 years,
As I am talking to my daughter, I envision my own talk prior to similar  journey.
Only now the daughter has adorned the mother,s role.

I can feel my Mom smiling from heaven , "Raju! this is circle of life !"

So true Maa! Love you from this world to your world : Till we meet again : Up there.

Love,
Juju. 

Comments

Daisy said…
Your account strikes a chord. Such a familiar scenario & so well put.
Fantastic write up. Excellent words of wisdom from mommie popsie. Totally relevant now and always. Reemanshu never knew u r writing and comprehensive skills. Looking forward....
Juju's Pearls said…
Thanks for your feedback
Neetu said…
Didi you create pictures through your narration ....I can see Tauji and Taiji speaking....and yes the style also reminds me of Babaji...
Rajat said…
I can very well put myself in the same shoes. And the scene seems verbatim.
Babita said…
Beautiful narrative...
Sanjana said…
Could connect so well with it ......I also gave similar advise to my two bays
Unknown said…
Wah wah hmari doctor didi to bht achhi writer b hai... Thank you so much di for sharing the pearls of wisdom. You know... I especially made Aaryan to read this.... Keep going
Deepali said…
It remind me my days when i started my hostel journey from mbbs and my mom and my sister, me as well crying... Very touchiešŸ˜˜
Anupama said…
Well written
It’s the same in every household
Deepak Singhal said…
Very well expressed, that's the emotion that parents do face.Nervous, would they be able to cope on their own, worried about handling their new freedom and excited as they begin their new adventure in life
Manish bansal said…
Fantastic writing bhabi very very well and expressed how circle of of life rotates but it only the human beings who always distract from right path Aap ache entrepreneur ke sath writer bi Wonderful ji wonderful ji
Dr Kavita said…
Beautiful expressions
Amita said…
Rimanshu
Very beautifully written .
Would love to read more from you...
Highly impressive nd touchy at t same moment.. beautifully narrated .. u just want to keep reading still more��

Popular posts from this blog

Mam ji! Are we dirty ?

An Open Letter #Part 2

What men want?