My little monk -Part 2

Thursday 26 September 2019 11:28pm                                                                       
Dear Diary

Life is very simple for those who enjoy and turbulent for those who analyze. Many a times, we learn the real meaning of our mortal form from little munchkins in our lives.
I believe that every word which comes from a child,s mouth ( till a certain age) is word of God. Please listen to your child .
Reality is that, a child teaches us more than we think we are teaching a child .
Sharing few eye openers.

Lesson 1

Routine weekday, early morning, birds are chirping, sun is playing hide and seek with few orange rays filling the sky forcing moon to take leave and rest for few hours.

Child: " Maa!, from now on, when I come from school , I want you to receive me."

Mother: Oh dear!, you very well know that your mom is a professional and can,t come when your school gets over."

Child : " I just want to see my mother when I reach home from school. If you are a professional, that,s your problem. I want a mother only. That,s it. You decide how you are going to manage it ."

Mother ( feeling perplexed on this comment ) realizes as a child she ( mother) had her own mother at home to take care of her when school got over. Is this little demand too much ? Suddenly, turmoils of feelings swirl inside her heart and brain. Her child is asking what is his /her birth right. There is no demand of any materialistic thing, only time and attention from mother. The storm passes over and
the mother surfaces and makes an arrangement so that either she is at home or her child comes to her workplace directly.

Lesson 2

Mother : " Child, exams are round the corner. The way you are studying, I have a feeling that you will score the highest ."

Child ( who is engrossed reading his favourite book, looks up ) :" Maa! I don't study to come first in my class/section. I study to gain knowledge ,besides, I enjoy reading."

Mother: " What,s the harm in coming first in class ?"

Child: " Maa! you don,t practice what you preach me. You always encourage me to enjoy whatever one does. If we read under pressure , the enjoyment and learning disappears to a larger extent ,what remains is the pressure to score."
The child elaborates further.
Securing first position is not a difficult task. What is more important is to maintain that position. I don't mind second place. I enjoy studying.Hence, I don't want to enter this number game race. Now, if you please excuse me, I need to finish my book ."

Mother closes the door behind her. She feels blessed to have learnt yet another important lesson of life which one should imbibe in their lives.

She pledges to walk her talk and talk her walk.

Love ,
Juju




Comments

Unknown said…
Bahut pyaara hai..!!
Hitesh said…
Very nice ....
Sanjana said…
I love your blog......keep writing
Dr rabina said…
Beautiful
Daisy said…
Indelible impressions of our little monks. I think we all have these conversations with our children & they teach us a lot. As I say "lagta hai tum mere papa ho". Sometimes there is more maturity & wisdom in their thoughts than we realise. Keep writing. It is the way you which makes these experiences so beautiful.
Unknown said…
Very nice , even I had such experiences.keep writing .All the best
Neetu said…
Very true Didi. This is how we mothers grow with our little ones!!

Popular posts from this blog

Mam ji! Are we dirty ?

What men want?

An Open Letter #Part 2