BUDDHA#YUGPURUSH


BUDDHA#YUGPURUSH

Gratitude in abundance is my mantra for universal lock down. Everywhere I look, I perceive a sense of peace and calmness all around. Reason is related to human beings, who are living in their defined zones without encroaching on Mother nature. I will not dwell on negative aspects of Corona times, rather focus will be on positive effects. 
In my Popsie,s own words who is a renowned senior advocate,” God,s courtroom is the only courtroom where there is no hearing or further appeal. One has to welcome God,s verdict humbly in folded hands pose with gratitude in heart.”

I was introduced to Buddhism at a tender age of 11, when I played the role of Buddha,s disciple in a skit in Inter house competition. My only dialogues along with 5-6 other disciples were ” Buddham sharnam gachhami, dharman sharnam gachhami,……… (continous chants).  My quest for Buddhism had just begun, our school started participating in competitions at Rama Krishna Mission. Preachings of Swami Vivekananda and his guru Ramakrishna and Maa Sarada Devi started to touch a chord in my neurons. Our prizes in elocution and debate competitions (in English, Hindi & Sanskrit) comprised of books. These books impacted me in my foundation years.

When the time is good, it seems to have wings. Fast forward thirty years, Bingo! I am in Corona times watching my quarantine serial, Buddha.

Buddha was a divine soul whose quench for cause of misery, pain and suffering led him on path of divine knowledge and finally attainment. I was always intrigued by the concept of moksha- human being,s ultimate target. My image from childhood memories, as formed by reading Amar chitra katha,s Tinkle, Target, Reader,s Digest etc was different rather contrary to what I came to know. Thanks to research by Dr. Modi & Buddha productions, I got an insight into Buddha,s life. He was a yug-purush in true sense. He was a warm hearted, compassionate soul who lived a life of luxury, post marriage and fatherhood, renounced it.

His stories wisdom along with compassion are many. I will highlight only those which have touched me immensely. On his perusal, King Suddhona, his father passed an ordinance for woman of Rang Mahal ( prostitutes) which stated that it was woman,s will to have a relationship with a man. No one could force her into doing so. This, in today,s world is “No, means No!” When a women utters these words, one must respect her will. Still we have been unable to make human beings understand these simple words. The sexual abuses, rapes etc. are still prevalent in our societies.

Another important anecdote is related to Amprapali, nagar vadhu of Vaisahli, (supposedly extremely beautiful and irresistible lady). She accepted challenge from King Bimbisara, ruler of Magadha. Soon after Prince Siddhartha marriage to Princes Yashodra, Amprapali tries to lure Prince Siddharth by her dance and moves. When Prince gives his necklace as a gift, she asks for few personal moments with him. To which, Prince Siddharth readily agrees. Amprapali is about to enjoy her win in bet, her trance is interrupted by words by Prince. He elaborates further that post marriage, in conveying the word “ main ( I)” , he was not alone, his wife was a part of him/ main. Amparpali looses bet to kingBimbisara and later becomes Queen of Rang mahal in Magadha. Prince Siddarth,s love for his wife was unconditional and he treated her as equal.

Even before setting on his spiritual journey he discusses with his wife and leaves with her consent with a promise to return once he gets answers to his questions. He honored his promise.

During his spiritual journey, on a chance encounter, he counseled and motivated King Bimbisara against Bali pratha-killing of animals to please God. “ Bali pratha” was abolished then. Still, this is taking place in so called 21st century. I happened to witness “ Bali ghar” where baby goats head were chopped off to please Maa Kali in Maa Kamaykha temple, Guwahati, Assam. Priests were holding cut heads of baby goats with blood dripping- a heart rendering site. My family was disturbed by this site for some time.

True to his promise, Siddharth returns as Guatam Buddha to Kapilvastu and does justice to each and every relationship- be it of son, nephew, husband, father, brother or his kingdom. He completes all his relations and leaves no open wounds. 

Let life unfold at its own pace, just take care to have gratitude, compassion, honesty, trust and integrity at all times. Life is to cherish. Embrace life will all might as who knows what tomorrow holds.

Spread love, spread care, spread trust, spread harmony. 

Also stay safe # stay indoors.

Budhham sharnam gacchami, dhrmam sharnam gacchami………

Love,
Juju

Comments

Neetu said…
Exactly! Love, care, trust, harmony- this is what we all need today !!
HS BAKSHI said…
Nice. Budhha. Ever so peaceful
Dr Joy said…
Nicely written,
Anonymous said…
Extraordinary expression
It touches my heart and I can visualise it as I read
Magical pen u have
God bless
Simran sandhu said…
Wonderful expression,its a solace in tough times
Unknown said…
Beautiful write up..touched my heart
I ve started watching budha after reading ur blogs... I'm loving it

Popular posts from this blog

Mam ji! Are we dirty ?

What men want?

An Open Letter #Part 2