22 Quad (22#22#22#22)


There are moments in everyone’s life when one wishes to grow up once again or beat the age by one or two decades. As one completes more than four decades around the sun, the vehicle in which one is moving (refer to one’s own body) carefree, starts demanding one’s time and care. Many of us transcend in this phase effortlessly smoothly, while for some it is a bumpy transition. The one factor which helps immensely, is being conscious at cellular level.
Four of my dear friends lost their parent within a short span of four months. The keen desire to be with them in their difficult times could not be fulfilled due to pandemic.  Three weeks ago, one of my friends called up to share her upcoming visit to her hometown. I casually asked her,  “Buddy, what do you want?” Prompt came her reply “You!”I completed our conversation with “Done.” I could hear surprise in her voice,“ Oh really!”
The very next day she called to confirm her travel dates. She expressed her wish, “It’s been 22 years since we have seen each other, I wish we could recreate those times even if for few hours, chit chat over tea, going for shopping and fine dining.” I felt like a genie as I replied, “Your wish is my command, my dear friend.” And from here upon, all the energy was diverted towards this whole universe to make this happen.
The week flew, she arrived. After spending initial few days with her mother, comforting her and herself, we finalized the date of our magic day. I got my train and flight ticket bookings without any ripples. It seemed so, as if the Universe had conspired and aligned itself to make our magic day happen. We were supposed to meet at another friend’s home. After traveling night and day in all possible modes of transport except water, we finally met. That moment was like Magic. It seemed as if I just opened my hostel room door and my friend stepped in just like TMH days. After routine exchange of greetings, we prepared tea and sat down on a comfortable couch. How time flew, is a million dollar question. As sun started to head westwards, we shook ourselves to present. Had a hearty laugh and went for shopping. It seemed as if we were still living as room mates just like residency days. Our silence was also communicating. We headed for fine dining and had a gala time. Mandatory photo shoot was done in between. Finally, when the yawns started creeping in and one of our friend’s legs started aching, we realized the moon was planning to give way to sun. 
We hugged each other and felt as if we had lived a lifetime in these 22 hours. Our hearts were brimming with happiness and love. As we were about to head in different directions, my friend exclaimed, “Hey, we are meeting after 22 years, 22 days in the year 2022 for 22 hours.” The other one promptly added, “Now, she (I) will dedicate a write up to our wonderful meet of Quad 22.”
Laughing we headed on different paths, back to from where we had come. On my journey back home, I felt at least 10 years younger, more happy, contended and rejuvenated. I felt as if I was a new version of my old self or a old version of my new self? Confusing, isn’t it! Well that’s the hangover of this 22 hours intoxication.
My friends know me really well. I dedicate this write up to my TMH buddies –ASVA (they will figure out for themselves). Life is meant to be shared and cherished. Moments spent with friends act like double booster shots. Hope all of you take your shots regularly.
Love,
Juju

Comments

HS BAKSHI said…
Intersting. Nothing to beat childhood friends.
Amrita Rana said…
Friendship is the most beautiful relationship. Meeting school or college friends rejuvenates you to another level
Anonymous said…
Take your shot of friendship
Lovely read
Ashish Patel said…
Very nicely written.! Indeed, meeting old friends is a celebration by itself.!!
Unknown said…
It's great to have friends but the Universe conspiring a meet up after 22 years is truly PRICELESS 🥰🥰🥰
Daisy said…
22 Quad was priceless rejuvenating read.
Rajesh Vaish said…
Old friends are precious, nicely penned down the feelings 👍
Komal Singla said…
Beautifully penned.. Meeting old friends is always rejuvenating!

Popular posts from this blog

Mam ji! Are we dirty ?

An Open Letter #Part 2

What men want?