I choose to smile!# My pledge

I choose to smile! Smile # My pledge

Interaction with Brahma Kumari sisters is always like opening up of floodgates. There is an unexplored ocean of knowledge and depth in each word which helps in refining and redefining the purpose of one’s life.

Dadi Janki on one of her visit to Europe made a pledge to smile on seeing grief and misery all around her. She made an affirmation that at least from her side, she would not add any burden to the already existing burden in the souls who came in contact with her. This was her way of keeping her karmic account in a positive balance. Initially, many foreigners got offended, thinking Dadi was mocking at them. Gradually, they learnt about her pledge and the reason for her smile. This generated great amount of respect for her.

I was impressed by this beautiful thought. Little efforts lead to great transformations. If each one of us takes individual responsibility, soon Earth will become heaven. Each one needs to shift focus from outer world towards one’s own inner world. If we attempt to make even one change in our behaviour or daily routine, it will act like a stepping stone towards a happier world.

Inspired by this anecdote, I have made a pledge. I will always wear my smile. Even if, I am unable to alleviate someone’s suffering, I will make all conscious efforts, not add to it. Each one, aspire to inspire one. This kind of chain reaction will help in resetting the world.

Hope you are wearing your smile, as you leave your comments.

Love,

Juju.  

Comments

I choose to Smile becoz it nourishes our soul...And makes pleasant our surroundings too 😊
I Choose to smile as is nourishes our soul and makes pleasant our surroundings too😊
Dr. Saryu Gupta said…
Very true ..as oft heard since childhood ..SMILE is the one curve that sets everything straight πŸ™‚πŸ‘πŸ‘
Neeta Goyal said…
Great thought! The best thing about smiling is that after some initial investment of conscious efforts, it becomes your face !!

Popular posts from this blog

Mam ji! Are we dirty ?

An Open Letter #Part 2

What men want?