I have wasted my Degree! -Insight by my elder monk

I have wasted my Degree! -Insight by my elder monk

 

While going through my residency day certificates, I looked up and sighed! The goals I had set when I had started walking on this path and the destination I had arrived, there seemed to be ambiguity. It seemed as if God had made some mistake? Can it actually happen? The answer was obvious in my brain and heart “No”. God does what is best for us and we should gracefully accept his decision. Something good must be in store for us, which might not be apparent initially, but in the long run, it’s always for our own betterment. Growing up with this philosophy of gratitude and faith, I slowly kept my certificate file back at its place.

Suddenly, I felt a tug in my heart and my feet seemed to weigh a lot. My body poise changed from a happy state to state of remorse. Out came a statement, “I have wasted my degree!” Out of nowhere, I heard a voice, “What are you saying mummy?” My trance was broken and these words brought me back into reality. I could see my elder monk looking at me with a firm expression. “Mom, what makes you think on these lines? You have a wonderful, fun filled, complete happy life. You attend to your profession even when you are not well and never take any offs. I have always seen you in your dress and sneakers in an ever ready mode. Then how comes you have wasted your degree? A degree is wasted if the person concerned doesn’t work as required and decides to be a homemaker. In such a scenario, one can think of degree being wasted. It’s a different story if you are working less as per your expectation.”

Each and every word seemed to hit at the right place. A feeling of gratitude and love swept over and my emotional state changed to a state of excitation and happiness. The void which my Momsie left was at times filled by my monks. Their depth of understanding and maturity always left me speechless.

My elder monk continued, “Mom you have had an amazing, inspiring journey. We have seen you going to work every single day, many a times late due some unavoidable reasons too, but you attend to your profession. You have spent your valuable time and energy in raising us and we have thoroughly enjoyed each and every moment spent together. You have wisely invested your time and energy in your children and family too, while tending to your professional duties too. You are an inspiration to many of us.”

My heart swelled with mixed emotions and my lids could barely hold back ocean of tears as I hugged her. That moment felt like a life lived for infinite years. With a naughty wink, she smiled and remarked, ‘Now, get going to your work on your favorite vehicle, your cycle, your pride.”

An unseen burden seemed to have lifted off my chest. I felt energetic and the sprint in my walk was back. These are the times, when I feel God makes contact with us through a medium. This time, the medium was my elder monk.

Try to be in a conscious open state of mind so as to identify all your mediums through which God is trying to reach you.

Love,

Juju

x

Comments

Sanjana Agarwal said…
Lovely 😊
Unknown said…
The very fact that you raised a monk ..a child with such clarity of soul and heart speaks volumes about your achievements dear ..and needs no further testimony or yardstick of 'success' so to speak !
Amrita Rana said…
Well written. A dilemma, a state often felt by we the working women, trying to balance so many roles... But yes we should be very proud of what and how we managed it and so very beautifully...
Rajesh Vaish said…
NiceπŸ‘πŸ‘
Ashish Patel said…
Very nice..!! As someone here commented, raising children with such clarity of thought is an achievement in itself.!! Take a bow.!!
Anupriya Sharma said…
Wonderfully written... Connects so much
Komal Singla said…
Firm believer of the philosophy that whatever God decides for us, is for own betterment.. Kudos to the young girl .. she is such inspiration !
Preety Khullar said…
True feelings....expressed beautifully....
Neeta Goyal said…
Your pains are shared, at times, by all of the professionals who are mothers too. But didi, you are definitely one of those blessed ones whose little ones appreciate their toil 🀩🀩

Popular posts from this blog

Mam ji! Are we dirty ?

An Open Letter #Part 2

What men want?