The Gedi League!

 The Gedi League!

Love in forties # dedicated to my Honda


My favorite statement for this year is “What you have not done ever before, 2022 is the year to do such things.” It’s high time one learns to live fully and ticks off things on one’s bucket list.

One such thing which I ticked off is learning to ride a two-wheeler. With my son entering eleventh grade, I knew deep in my heart that he needs to be independent for his overall development. So, I faced my greatest fears of driving a two wheeler. Whatever, a mother fears, child will automatically start fearing. My parents especially my mother was wary of two wheelers and so I became one too. Four wheeler and bi-cycle have always been the love of my life.

Ever since I have learnt this new vehicle, I have fallen in love all over again. No guesses here ! It's with this metallic body. Now I know the feeling this love gives, As the speed soars, so do the emotions. There is complete bliss between the wind blowing, caressing my skin and the speed of my Honda. 

As the speed increases, so does wind velocity and it starts playing with one’s skin, hair and at times throws in dirt too like a menacing child who always spoils the sport. It’s important to control your speed and have full control in order to enjoy the ride.

In childhood, whenever we used to go to mountains, there used to messages on big rocks, painted white with message in black ,“ Speed thrills, but kills,“Remember someone is waiting for you at home.”These messages are deeply imprinted in my mind and I happen to recite them whenever I drive my two- wheeler. Driving is all about being in the moment. One more thing, which I realized, this is one of the best anti stress therapy.

With one more thing ticked off my bucket list, I came to the next. All this while I have heard this word ever since I have moved to Punjab, post marriage, “Gedi’. This implies a group ride on two-wheeler with friends, maybe solo with one friend too. Going together in complete synchrony evokes the most powerful happy hormones. When your friend trusts you, things work out on their own. With this faith, my friend sat, while I drove.

Post dinner time in summers is pleasant on few days in Northern India. Night was young, street lights were welcoming and roads beckoned us. We drove around for some time, stopped to have tea. Felt like we had relived college days (although I never had such experiences in college).This gave a different feel.

While riding back home, I couldn’t help wondering, how can a person who loves to do adventure sports be scared of a two wheeler?  Brushing aside this thought, I hummed my favorite song, “I had the time of my life …. ”

Now I can proudly say, that I am a part of this Gedi league.

* Please wear helmet. 

Love,

Juju

Comments

You are a true lioness my buddy... ghedi wth u was truely a soul soothing experience.. luv u till eternity ..
Anonymous said…
Very true. Had a nice gedhi buddy.
Anupriya Sharma said…
Very nice
Komal Singla said…
U have beautifully expressed the thrilling experience with your two wheeler.. Keep penning n shining!

Popular posts from this blog

Mam ji! Are we dirty ?

An Open Letter #Part 2

What men want?