A Summer Warrior (Genre #humor)

A Summer Warrior

This write up is dedicated to all the beautiful souls living in Northern India especially, Delhi, Punjab, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh. All of us will resonate with this.

It’s always a thought provoking session with my Popsie. A routine call usually gives birth to new ideas and terminologies. Last night when I was talking to him, this write up got it’s name. Sharing a clip of the conversation we had. (Referring Popise as P and myself as J)

J: “Hello daddyji, so how’s life treating you?”

P: “ Badiya ( means very good) ! Things are going on fine, life is running smoothly on the track with no station or halt as of now!”

J ; “ Sounds great! Have you resumed your walk? How’z the weather ?”

P: “Yes, I did go to the park but it’s still humid here in Delhi. How's the weather? Is it raining?”

(This last line touched my Achilles spot. Monsoon season is a touchy topic for souls like us living in semi desert terrains. Every day the weather forecast raises our hopes, only to quash it. Out comes the sun with hot fire breathing rays and humid,suffocating weather. We go to bed dejected and again wake up with hope and faith.)

J: “ Daddyji, here God has started his own Sauna system. We are sweating and sweating and sweating. The drops of perspiration start from the nape of neck run down the spine till the hip region. The song “Tip tip barsa paani” echo in my ears and I can feel the pain of the song writer when he must have conceived this song.”

P: “That sounds great, God is very kind. He has saved all of you from a Steam/ Sauna visit. Enjoy and be grateful. All your skin pores will open up and you with detoxify.”

J: “ Daddyji, I feel like a warrior braving this intense heat wave of Indian summers. The enemy is the heat, humid air, scorching sun and hot wind. Every day, when I leave for my workplace, after applying sunscreen and wearing my cap, I feel like a warrior who is on a mission to beat this hot humid day and return home a winner after completing the day’s work.”

(As these words came out of my mouth, I held my head high and my chest swelled with pride. I felt like a soul of Great Maharana Pratap had merged with my soul and I felt like a true brave heart.)

P: “ That,s a nice approach towards life. It’s all a mind game, how to convince yourself. We can only fold our hands and accept almighty’s decision. Good night.”

J: “Good night daddyji.”

As I keep my mobile on the side table, I realise ( yet one another time) that life is all about how you make it.

I coin this term “Summer Warrior” and dedicate to each and every soul living in such climatic conditions. My outlook changed in a matter of few minutes. Now I visualize myself and everyone around as “A Summer warrior” and salute them for living life in a larger picture. Now I am friends with sun and air. Remember we are bravehearts.

Keep reading, Keep sharing.

Happy Monsoons!

Juju

Comments

Daisy said…
Loved the humour & positive attitude.
It is all here (I'm pointing towards by head or brain or mind or whatever you would like to call it).
😃
So true... Love is all about our choices nd how we decide to treat it... What a beautiful way of acceptance 💕💕
I meant Life not love
Neeta Goyal said…
So symbolically, all the "heats" are to detoxify us......these are real pearls from Tauji in the manner of Babaji.
Just a few days back, I was sitting with Tauji and had told him, " Tauji aap bilkul Babaji jaise ho gaye ho." And such a sweet smile he had given on the compliment !!
HS BAKSHI said…
Ever so wonderful. Subtle humour

Popular posts from this blog

Mam ji! Are we dirty ?

An Open Letter #Part 2

What men want?