3 C’s of our life

Care #Control# Cure

This is a very special write up as the topic has been given by my Popsie. I feel blessed whenever he motivates me to write on a topic. A lot of brain storming goes before I pen down my thoughts.

If one goes by dictionary definitions then, Cure is defined as -To make somebody healthy again after an illness. Control means -power and ability to make somebody/something to do what you want; a way of keeping somebody/something within certain limits. Care means – looking after somebody / something so that he/she has what they need for their health and protection.

These are more often used in medical and health care domains. Over the years these words have percolated into all realms and are freely used. There are many things or areas in our lives which can be controlled, few which can be cured and rest can be taken care of. Out of these three, care can be associated with other two

From a medical angle, there are many diseases which can be controlled e.g. blood pressure, diabetes, thyroid, auto immune, arthropathies, to name a few, but never cured. Other diseases like aches in body, fever, infections, inflammatory pathologies and even certain types of carcinomas can be cured. However, Care is the most essential element in either case.

If we dwell upon human nature then, my take will be on Triple A - Anger, Arrogance and Alcohol. Here, one can control and even be cured of these habits. One can control anger outbursts, control alcohol intake. However, Cure is a tedious and long journey, requires grit and determination.  Arrogance differs in the sense. If one controls arrogance, I believe cure also occurs simultaneously. Out of triple A, in arrogance, being aware is the key to getting rid of it. Control leads to Cure with care all along to ensure there is no reversal.

3 C’s are akin to the basic X, Y, Z dimensions of this universe. All three C’s are interlinked and need to be viewed together as a unit. Lay man uses these words loosely and at times uses Cure and Control interchangeably. No offense intended. The basic idea is generate a feel good factor within. Everyone must have heard certain phrases (especially in India) like,

“ I have diabetes, I am taking medicines, eating bitter gourd and Indian blackberry ( jamun), my blood sugar report is normal and my diabetes is cured.” And they stop taking medicines only to come back with high blood sugar levels a couple of months later.

 “I have hypothyroidism; I took medicine for 3 months, now my thyroid levels are normal. I am cured.” And they stop taking medicine, only to come back.

Whether these phrases are spoken by patients to doctors or by friends, remember one thing, you are not here to correct them or make them aware. Just listen and ignore. The human mind is so wired that Denial tops the list. Acceptance comes much later. One should try to control the urge to counsel such people and help walk them under clear skies. Please remember the person who took the effort to wake mankind from slumber has usually been dealt in a bad way. 

My Popsie’s favorite line is “Yes, you are right.” This is his way of dismissing baseless, confronting situations and discussions. When we talk and he utters these four words, I often pause and check with to him, “Dad, are you dismissing me or you are actually with me?” Majority of times, I hear a chuckle and his wise words, “I leave it for you to decide.”

These things have helped me evolve and transform in all spheres.   

Happy to share, my 3rd solo (15th) book, a sequel of Momsie Popsie Diary 2.0 is in the publication process. Hoping to launch my book by next month.

Till then, control the things you can, cure the things which can be, with utmost care.

 

Love,

Juju          

Comments

Neeta Goyal said…
"Yes, you are right,"- I am amused to remember not only the words but also the expressions Tauji has on his face when he says this!

In these words, he has given us a sure-shot exit to all could-be-unpleasant conversations. I have always found it a Ram-Ban !!

Love you Tauji !!!!!!
Sanjana Agarwal said…
😍 loved it

Popular posts from this blog

Mam ji! Are we dirty ?

An Open Letter #Part 2

What men want?