The Last Promise

The Last Promise

There are promises, which we take when we solemnize the marriage. Another promise, when we see our first born and so on. Have you realized one continues to make promises during different spheres of life – sometimes with oneself, at other times with someone else or with the outer world. The authenticity of one,s life can be measured by the number of promises one honors and not makes !

Day in, day out, we are making promises, its time to wonder and question oneself – “ How many of them have we honored ?”How soon we reach the sunset of our lives, one never realizes till it,s time to bid good bye. Lucky are those who have this much time to see their final destination. For many, life is snatched untimely, accidentally and suddenly.

Whatever you want to do, please go ahead and do it. When I was about to start my college journey, besides a lot of many advises, my father gave me one very important pearl which I have kept safely. The advise was, “More than the failure, what hurts more is the regret of not doing it . I wish and pray that you try whatever you aspire for, if you fail, it s not a bad idea as you will be spared of the regret of not trying, when you are in your forties. At the maximum, the worst outcome will be failure. If you don’t try, then as it is you have lost it. Go ahead and try.”  This gave me immense strength and power. I was armed with my parent’s wishes and God and books as my soul mates as I set on this worldly journey.

Drop the excuses, start honoring your promises and witness the infinite power of your mind and soul. Let every promise, be like your last promise. Unburden your heart here and now.

The last promise my momsie took from my popsie was to be strong as she was handing over her duties to him. To take care of himself well, so that their children could focus on their goals, to dress her like a bride during her last journey as he had brought her into the house, when they got married. The beautiful bond of more than fifty four years was concluded with this last promise. To this day, popsie is honoring this promise in full faith and spirits. At times, he does feel tired and requests her that he wants to join her. My momsie, strong determined lady, discourages him and says, ‘ Our children need you more, I am fine , don’t worry !”.

As I write the concluding part of my first book as “An Ode to my momsie”, tears get dried up in my eyes as I am reminded of my last promise.

Love,

Juju


Comments

Daisy said…
Yes, you made me teary eyed too. Dad is keeping mom's last promise.

Popular posts from this blog

Mam ji! Are we dirty ?

An Open Letter #Part 2

What men want?