The Happiness Bubble

 Happiness Bubble

Over the past four decades, I have realized that we all live in our own minds and create a bubble which acts like a shock absorber in adverse situations of our lives.

I often used to discuss with my mother that she would portray her life as perfect and happy. She would praise her children, grand children, relatives and everyone associated with her. For her ( my mom), her husband was the best, her children and their spouses were excellent and everyone loved her and respected her. I would often remark, ‘Mom, things are not so perfect as you say so!”. She would gently ignore and reply, “ My life is blissful and God has been very kind with me always.” This continued for some years till few months before she left on her higher journey.

On a routine short visit to Delhi, over evening tea, I told my father, “ Popsie, mom lives in a make belief world where everything is perfect . Why doesn,t she face the reality ?” My Popsie replied, “Your mother is happy, why do you want to disturb her? She is in a positive, gratitude state of mind.”

Momsie came with tea, her usual smiling self and we all sipped tea in pure bliss. After this short conversation, I never ever brought up this topic with my mother and I am happy about it. She left few months later.

Seasons changed, years flew by. It,s been almost 63 months ever since my mother left. Now this same thought resurfaced. Every time, I speak to my father, he is always happy and contented, all praise for everyone. For him, his life is perfect and he feels blessed and thankful every single moment. I was on the verge on making the same mistake about showing him the harsh reality. Some unseen force held me back tightly. It seemed as if my mother was conveying from the parallel world , “ Raju, your dad is happy, let him be, why do you want to break his happiness bubble! Everyone lives in a bubble in their minds. It is very important for their emotional and mental security. Never ever puncture anyone,s happiness bubble.”

My lips curved and smile came on my face. I have a happiness bubble too.

I pray to almighty that, nobody,s happiness bubble gets punctured. Lets all stay afloat in our bubbles, bouncing higher in our lives whenever we hit a rough patch.

Love,

Juju.

Comments

Great thought. Happiness is but a state of mind.Happiness bubble---why not... ?
Unknown said…
True.... happiness is usually a state of mind...th way u take life.
Unknown said…
I always say that happiness come from within, not from somebody or something
Anonymous said…
Beautifully expressed. Very true . Actually this happiness bubbles is everyone driving force.
Anonymous said…
Happiness bubble
Loved reading it
Sanjana said…
Loved it🥰💕
Unknown said…
Awesome...loved going through it
Anjali k said…
Aunty has given " Jeevan sanjeevani " . Loved Hapiiness Bubble .
Juju's Pearls said…
Thanks everyone for your comments.
Arjun Goel said…
Thanks for sharing this juju bua. Very insightful
Nishat said…
Indeed beautiful

Popular posts from this blog

Mam ji! Are we dirty ?

An Open Letter #Part 2

What men want?